Monday 15 September 2014

The perfect dress

I found the perfect dress. I really did and I am so pleased with it! I wanted to get something perfect for my Grandpa’s funeral. I wanted it to be something that he would of gone, ‘yes I like that a lot!’

I have black clothes, but all of them have been for work and although I have a few smart dresses (all have patterns on of some sort) it just didn’t feel special enough… All the items that would have been ok to wear I only own because I had to get them for work so I never really liked any of them like I do my own clothes.

So I ordered a dress online and I wasn’t blown away by it… Matt suggested we went and had a look so last Friday after work, very reluctantly as I was exhausted we headed off to Lakeside. I actually ended up having a lovely evening. It was one of those shopping trips that ended up being really productive and satisfying and I kind of wish we could do it again tonight but there would just be no point.

I got some cardi’s from Forever 21, upon getting home I realised the black one was much shorter than the other two I got and was a little bummed out about that, then I also realised my blue had a hole in it at work on that Friday so I thought ohh good both of those can go back.

We also tried the new KFC pulled chicken burger. It wasn’t great.

We had a long mooch around forever 21, but that shop is just not made for people of my height. Then we came out of there and Matt convinced me to go to House of Fraser, even though I insisted I  couldn’t afford it! At the back as I almost gave up in there we spied a Yumi section (I do love Yumi dresses) I had spotted a Yumi dress online but it was £50 alas…. It was only £48 in store and then Matt found a card that said 20% off for students! Yay having my sisters student card! So I tried it on and I have to say it was perfect. Its not plain but the detailing on it is subtle and is just so elegant and feels lovely and feels like a dress my Grandpa would be proud of. We ended up getting it for £38, which although was more that I wanted to spend as I am trying to save up, it was worth every penny.




(please excuse the glum bum face)


I just thought it was gorgeous, and I am so glad Matt made me get it! I am dreading Tuesday no and at the same time looking forward to it being over with. The idea that it will all be very final and real upsets me but it must be done and at least I will feel  like my Grandpa would be proud of me!


I’m going to pair it with my TUK heels and a little black bag so hopefully I will look the business!

At least it is the weekend now, because I feel like I need to sleep I am do drained at the moment!

On a more exciting note, I have finally reached my ultimate goal! I have lost exactly 6stone altogether and 4 stone since I started myfitnesspal! I’m now done with my diet and im going to start to find a routine to maintain this weight! I’m proud of myself and this also doesn’t really feel real but fingers crossed I can keep as this weight!




2 comments: