Friday 10 April 2015

2015 where are you going?


I knew 2015 would be a year of big changes to my life! And I made a list at the start
  • Loving myself.
  • Working on my design work
  • Debt,
  • Having my own home!


I am VERY VERY proud to say that the debt is gone. 110% gone every single penny of it! I actually paid it off last week. I haven’t felt that different or excited… but when I think about the almost 10 grand that I paid off I think it is a real big achievement! I am so used to just earning money and it going into the Credit cards and over drafts… and it just hanging there over my head. When I actually do stop to think about I have this little flutter in my chest and I think Oh my, all the money in my account is mine and all mine.

Then this leads me on to my next step this year. Move out with Matt, having my own home. The idea of a mortgage is sad because I feel like it is achievable. We could save for a deposit, put away the amount of money I have been putting away and in 2 years we would have a deposit hurrah. But I can’t wait another 2 years. I want to start a life with Matt and I want my own space and yeah, so I plan on saving enough for a deposit and all the other charges that come along with moving and I am kind of hoping that MAYBE there would be enough too for a cheeky holiday in September. We shall see though!

It is quite amazing to think that everything I earn is mine and actually it’s made me appreciate my money more. Now I really do stop to think, DO I WANT THAT? DO I NEED THAT? Because when it’s a credit card and its not actually your wages it’s actually so much easier to spend. I defiantly could have maybe done this a month or so quicker or done it in a way that wasn't so tough… but the important thing is I learnt. I learnt that actually I don’t need to buy everything I want. Actually if I walk away and come back I don’t always want it. I learnt that weekends stuck in doors suck, but they save so so much money.

Most importantly I have learn the value of money and I have learnt about sensible spending and I have also learnt that I don’t need 150 dresses and 150 shirts and skirts (maybe I might be exaggerating) but actually just enjoy what I have :)

The good thing about all that is that I have learnt to budget like crazy, and that means I feel more confident about being able to pay rent and budget now when we do move out as I have been doing it for the last year and I’ve gotten better and better!

Now hopefully by June/July we will have enough and I hope by the summer I will be blogging about my lovely new flat!

Happy Friday all!





No comments:

Post a Comment