Thursday 28 May 2015

Long bank holiday weekend!

So we have a date the 13th June. I got an email through a week ago today that it would be available from the 11th June. We were hoping to get in on the 12th, I had planned on taking a half day and heading off to pick up and Matt and get the keys. Alas they are unable to do it then, so 9am Saturday 13th June (which my grandma will be happy about as she keeps telling me it is unlucky to move on a Friday) is when we will move!

This weekend I had 5 days off in total. I had booked some time off as we were going to a gig in London on the Wednesday, but we started really packing and getting bits for the moved. I spent a fair amount of money this weekend on bedside tables, washing basket, iron, pans etc… all the bits I could think you need to have. I got some pretty good deals too. I didn’t realise how much work it takes to move. I think 9 years of us living in one tiny room means we have crammed so much stuff into every nock and cranny that was in there… We have thrown over 10 bin bags of stuff away. I think I took about 8 bin bags to the dump this weekend, including two big A3 printers. It’s such a shame to see a lot of this stuff go, but I of the attitude at the moment of if you can’t think of a time you will use it, then it goes.



We have filled my Grandma’s garage and its spilling into her spare rooms’ haha! It will only be for 2 more weeks. I can’t believe it is this close I am so excited, however at the same time I seems so bloody far away.

Other than packing and more packing and generally being exhausted and eating ice cream everyday… I had two nice days.

The first was Saturday and a trip to Brighton with my Grandma! We got some bits she wanted and did a bit of shopping, had fish and chips and an ice cream by the beach and we took her first selfie haha!



Wednesday was the day I was really looking forward to. After all the hard work of packing I was looking forward to a day of relaxing. We headed off to London about midday. I had my new dress on and felt very swish and summery. The weather was stunning and to make the most of my travel card we went to forever 21 first to return something and then the natural history museum. We did the dinosaurs which was very cool and headed off for dinner at Pizza Express. That was a lovely meal I really enjoyed that..





The gig started at 7:30pm at 100 Club on Oxford Street. It was a tiny venue but really nice, had a nice atmosphere. The support band was…. Let’s just say not to my taste at all. Astronautalis came on about 9pm and he was fantastic. The reason I started to listening to him was because of his stage presence when he supported Tegan and Sara and he hasn’t lost any of that. I didn’t know many songs as I have a few favourites I tend to stick to, but it’s made me want to listen and get to know more now!





It was my first gig with Matt for YEARS! And I really enjoyed it.

Now I cannot wait to for the next two weeks to come and go. I imagine it will go quickly this whole year has done so far! Fingers crossed all goes well.


Happy Thursday all…. And have a fab weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment