Thursday 7 May 2015

My first experience of flat hunting

So, yes the title says it all, my first experience of flat hunting. On Friday around 4pm a flat popped up, it was in an ok location and it was a good price, however the pictures really didn't sell it to me. I've seen loads come up and go and I’ve not bothered because I planned on saving some more and start looking at the end of May. Something pulled me in and requested a viewing not thinking much about it. I agreed to 1:30pm the following day. To be honest I really wasn't bothered about seeing it, I was sure I wouldn't like it.

We turned up and luckily the estate agent actually turned up this time, unlike our first ever viewing. We went in and we were really impressed. The décor was a little run down, and the carpet was a bit past it. However the rooms were huge, much bigger than I imagined. We had a good look and were impressed by all the storage.. there was something that really took our fancy with this flat.

We then left actually seriously considering it. I hadn't realised but it wasn't available until mid-June so it worked out perfectly timing wise. It is close enough to Matt’s work he could walk and the location was minutes away from the town centre.

We then got in the flat hunting mood and ended up seeing another flat… we hated it. It was run down tiny smelly and horrible. We were told to ‘use our imaginations’ ugh! I was so excited on Saturday that we ended up going off to Ikea for a trip to get ideas and feel homey!

On Sunday I made the decision that YES! We were both happy and we both wanted to go for it. It was the bank holiday however which meant I had to wait all of Sunday AND THEN all of Monday. First thing Tuesday I called up with some questions.

HOWEVER, the estate agent has been waiting to get hold of the Landlord. I believe my questions have been answered and he is now waiting for the landlord to choice between us and another person. I haven’t had much contact and to be honest with you it has been PAINFUL… I am so tense. I think we put FAR FAR too much hope in this little flat. I started to picture living there, where furniture would go and how I would do my Christmas decorations. I have learnt a lesson, well a few lessons. Lesson 1. Don’t put all your hopes on it! Lesson 2. What questions to ask in the viewing! Lesson 3. How it all works now.

So it is now the end of day 3 and I have restrained myself from calling every hour to check how it is going to just a friendly ‘any news?’ email. Part of me wanted them to call today and rather than my ready meal and the gym me and Matt would go off and celebrate with a huge dinner.

I was just so excited to get my own space and really start a fresh. I know I have been planning this for a long time but it has happened so quickly this week and weekend. I am trying to stay calm now and I have booked more viewings to go to on Monday so let’s hope these pay off. I won’t lie, I don’t have high hopes this will be ours and I hope next time I post I will be celebrating. 

On the plus side perhaps we can put moving out off for another month which means I will have over double the savings to spend afterwards and maybe even get that holiday I have been dreaming of!

For now I will try and keep my heart rate and blood pressure down and try to stop phone watching…. Maybe if I refresh my e-mails enough SOMEONE WILL CALL??!!!???

I will just keep reminding myself that it will happen, and it will be soon. Not a 'this time next year' situation like it was last year! But maybe this time next month! *fingers crossed*


Happy Thursday all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment