Monday 11 May 2015

New blog posts of my new journey!



So I start this with GOOD NEWS! We got the flat and put a holding deposit down hurrah! As long as the credit checks go ok and everything goes swimmingly this time next month we should be getting ready to move! Eeep it is exceptionally exciting.

I was very stressed out last week. I thought that I would know by the end of Tuesday if I was able to put down a deposit. It wasn't until Friday morning that I heard back and I excitedly put down my holding deposit!

Friday was a great day, I was in a great mood from that news and then a cider at lunch put me in a pretty jolly mood for the rest of the day! I then got home and the Friday before I had won a competition from Punky Pins and my necklace and collar clips had arrived as well as my Mumford and Sons album.


We filled out our forms and Saturday morning we headed off to Redhill to hand in our forms for the flat. We weren't in a great mood, I was stressed from trying to sort out car insurance and I have no idea why Matt was annoyed. We handed in the forms and then got Matt some lunch ate that in the car and on the way home I swung in to look at a second hand furniture store.

We were hoping not to need a new bed, but it looked like we would need to get one…. Our current one is quite mouldy, the slats keep snapping and it’s ripped holes in the carpet! It’s annoying as the bed is only about 2 years old! We went into the store had a good look around; I had no plans on buying anything just to get some ideas. Upstairs there were lots of beds, most looked in good condition but used (curled up corners and bobbling etc.) However in the corner there was a Divan 4 draw base and mattress. The thing looked almost perfect, and there were even strikers still on it. There was absolutely no sign of wear on it, only a few marks that looked like it gained from getting it into the warehouse! I had been looking at getting a base and that worked out at around £200-£300 for a cheap one with 2-4 draws…. I was however a little put off with the fact that it was a the cheapest I could find. One thing I have learnt is cheap beds are not always a good idea they tend to fall apart.

We noticed the bed was a ‘Sealy’ bed and we looked that up. It is a well-known brand and their beds vary between £500-£1,500! It’s a long going brand and is sold everywhere! There however was no tag in and we worried it had been sold… BUT SUCCESS it hadn't and then the even better news……. It was £95! £95 for what looked like an almost new Sealy divan 4 draw bed! We were so excited and few phone calls to my folks and then my grandma, we bought it! Took a trip home in the car with the draws and then 2 more trips in my Dad’s van but we got it back and it is now sitting in my Grandma’s garage. I am SO SO PLEASED with this find and that’s ones big expense that is now sorted out.

So my Saturday disappeared in the blink of an eye, I didn’t even have time for any lunch. We then went to see the film ‘Big Game’… it was awful…. So so bad I’m not even going to write about.

Sunday my sister talked me into going to ‘Cowpie’ which was a farming event! I sorted out my car insurance (which I am NOT HAPPY WITH AT ALL! It’s gone up!) and I popped round to see my Aunt and me and Sarah went to the Cowpie…. I actually ended up having a wonderful time and wish we had gone a bit earlier as it was a BEAUTIFUL day and there was so much to do! I took a few photos….





Sunday was quite relaxed compared to Saturday, although I think it went even quicker. We enjoyed ice creams while watching ferret racing, looked at craft stalls and went and looked at lots of farm animals… my highlight was that I got to hold a tortoise!

Next weekend I think we need to start to sort out all our junk. I may possibly take my Grandma to Brighton as we were meant to go this Saturday but she was unwell. Worked out well or we wouldn’t of found the bed! Other than that we are under even stricter MUST SAVE EVERY PENNY RULES! Every little counts towards us moving…. The flat is available a month today (11th June) but now they are going to re-carpet the place so I think we will be looking at either the 20th or the 27th June or around there. I am hoping maybe even 4th July because that means I can save a little extra money before we move in… and hey it’s only an extra week or two to wait… I’ve waited about 4 years so far!

I am hoping this week goes nice and quickly and maybe I will continue to be blessed with this good fortune I have had recently! Have a lovely week all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment