Tuesday 19 May 2015

Moving house update...none boo!

So not much has moved forward after the excitement of putting down a holding deposit!

I was hoping things would go quickly and we would have some more news, but alas it has been a slow process. I chased on Thursday and had to give my manager a nudge to send off my reference, but on the plus side I found out that we have passed the credit checks and everything else. So now it is full steam ahead and just waiting for a date.

We started to pack at the weekend. We have so much to sort out its silly! We wanted to make a start as soon as possible so we weren't going to be in a mad crazy rush at the end. I am glad we did. I would say we have done a quarter maybe a third of the room. We have packed 3 big boxes and I have 3 bin bags of soft toys. We however got rid of 4 bags of soft toys and about 4-5 bin bags of rubbish and a huge box of CD’s and unwanted DVD’s. It is a nice feeling to just get rid of so much stuff and so much clutter.

This coming weekend is the bank holiday. I plan on taking my Grandma to Brighton for a day out on Saturday. After that we are off work until Thursday, we have a gig to go to on the Wednesday but Sunday-Tuesday I think we could get LOADS of stuff sorted and start storing some boxes at my Grandma’s. I am hoping to get a MASSIVE chunk done this weekend. I would say we have thrown away more than we kept which is definitely a good start.

With the crazy rush of trying to get the flat and the excitement it has all died down now, things are much calmer and I have some more time to think. I am still so excited though and I cannot wait!

I keep picturing all the little things I will do to the place and how my things will look in there and stupid things like getting out of bed at the weekend and having breakfast and making a cup of coffee! I am hoping maybe only another 4- 5 weeks fingers crossed. 

Moving on to some general ramblings from the week,
We went and saw Mad Max Fury Road on Saturday after an exhausted day of cleaning and lugging boxes here there and everywhere… All I will say is WOWZA that film was EPIC, with a capital E! I haven’t seen the originals, but now I really really want to! Perhaps tomorrow night as I am about to pass out today. I need a good snooze.


I also had a little accident surprise surprise. I slipped in the rain on Thursday down a ramp that leads to the underground car park at my work. I fell down it and then skidded down it. These are my war wounds! 


Ouch is all i have to say! I took pictures because I think they look impressive and when you hurt yourself that much, DAMN IT you want it to look impressive :p
I had a pretty annoying limp on Friday and to be honest 5 days later it is still pretty sore!

Oh and on a good news note I got a pay rise last week. It wasn't amazing but it is better than nothing and I will get a little extra back pay this month which is PERFECT timing a little extra cash for moving out!

As I said above we have some time off this weekend and me and Matt are off to see Astronautalis live. I am pretty excited, we haven't been to a gig together for years and I saw Astronautalis live supporting Tegan and Sara years and years ago! I've been waiting for him to come and play in the UK for ages. We are going to head up to London (I will be boring and return something to Forever 21) and then we will go and maybe do a bit of shopping and the I have booked a table at Pizza Express (cause lets face it, I FREAKING LOVE PIZZA EXPRESS) and then we will walk across the road and go the gig :) So I am very much looking forward to that! 

So roll on Friday and happy Tuesday all!



No comments:

Post a Comment