Thursday 20 March 2014

Post Weekend Blues

So it is Thursday and I am officially back at work. I did come back Tuesday but then I had Wednesday off and the day flew by so it was rather pleasant day at work!

But now I am SUFFERING with the come down of a good time. The first time I really felt this was in June/July 2012 when I had my Graduation then I had London Film and Comic Con and then Laura’s hen do and then when it was all over, not only did I get sick but returning to normality sucked asses. Actually to be fair I get it every year throughout January as I pine for Christmas not to be over!

So last week I was counting down the days till Thursday. Actually I would really wish I could turn back the clocks by exactly 1 week. I finished up at 5:30 RAN to the car and speed off to Cineworld in Crawley where we grabbed a maccy d’s and then went to watch War Horse live in the cinemas. It was AMAZING. I was lost for words, the puppets are just mind blowing I feel calling them puppets not doing them justice! You forget they aren’t real and they move just like real horses. I was in floods of tears by the end of first half convinced it was going to end horribly *spoiler alert * but it ended happily and the horse did not die thank god as I think I would of exploded.



I then woke up at 7:20AM!!!! On Friday, I had planned on getting up at 8ish but I was too excited and I made pancakes and bacon because my bacon pancake failed. Looked more like a omelette, although Matt really enjoyed it. I also had some and it was very tasty and then he unwrapped his gifts and was really really pleased with them. Then he had a lovely birthday treat and I took him to the dentist. The dentist was good and bad news. Bad news its going to cost upwards of £800 over the next few months to get his teeth fixed up. Good news is they can save his tooth AND we are going to get everything fixed up before they get really bad. I’m really angry his previous dentist didn’t pick up on any of this.

After that we went home and I got ready and Matt played Titan which came out that morning and then we went and had buffalo for lunch which was lovely. Full rack of ribs, whole chicken, 4 portions of fries and 2 bottomless drinks for £24.95 and then we went around Croydon where I picked up a HEDIOUS cardigan I had mail ordered (that went straight back did not look like it did online) and then tried to find Matt a jacket no luck though.

I had planned on napping but by the time we got home and the fact I hadn’t packed or anything I got a 10-20 nap in and we were meant to leave at 6pm but it was almost 7:30pm by the time we left and headed up to Nottingham. The journey was pleasant and we got to Laura’s around 10:30-11pm. Laura had put up a few birthday banners and a balloon and got matt and cake and some presents and he was really chuffed with them :) I wanted him to realise people do care about his birthday!!

On Saturday we went into town, me and Matt grabbed some pub breakfast and I had to washed my hair in cold water as the hot water had gone off which actually felt like it was burning my head hahah!

We did lots of shopping and I found this gorgeous dress.


I was planning on getting anything but you know when you see it and you JUST KNOW! It was £40 which is the steeper end of what I usually pay for dresses but it was worth every penny and it fit so well too!

I wore it to Annie’s on Sunday and asked Matt to get a nice photo and he got this instead! BAH he is great and getting me when I pull horrible faces!



So then we got home and went to Tesco! We ended up having a late lunch and that filled us up so we bought pizza and garlic bread on the way home and had dinner when Sammi got back. Alas she was working almost all weekend which sucked!

Sunday we woke up and went to a coffee shop for lunch. I won’t lie I paid a lot for a pretty nasty panni and Matt didn’t seem to enjoy his BLT either. Then we enjoyed some sunshine and had a good chat all afternoon and headed off to Annie’s Burger Shack!

I was very excited to see the pancake one was still on there so Matt had that and I went for the mushroom swiss! It was surprisingly quiet in there and we were in and out within an hour. The food was GORGEOUS my only complaint is they had sold out of almost all desserts except one we didn't like. So instead we went to the orange tree and had a cocktail each instead. I've been there 3 times now and I am addicted to the toblerone martini.






We then headed home and cut the cake had some and just chilled out in front of the tv and was nattering for hours again. I planned on leaving at 10-11pm but by the time we packed and kept chatting it was 11:50pm before we left and I really didn’t want to go! I had such a nice weekend I was GUTTED it was over and also I always forget how much I miss Laura.


The drive home was just horrendous. I bought energy drinks but I had to pull over twice it was too much and I was WAY TOO TIRED. We made it back home around 3:30am and I was SO SO happy to see my bed!

Monday Matt wasn’t in a very good mood and we just kinda bummed around. We went out for lunch and I just caught up on food shopping and what not.

Tuesday was back at work, I have to say it flew by I was quite busy with things to catch up on and then when I got home Matt had been very naughty and bought me the bag I had been pinning over for weeks. It’s a BEAUTIFUL Disaster Designs bag and is a little gingerbread house! We actually saw it in a shop in Nottingham. I didn’t know he had ordered it and I was all like OOOH NOOO it’s way too small blah blah blah. However it does fit what I need in it and will be great for days out when I only need my phone and purse, Its actually fairly surprising what you can actually fit in there! But I am very spoilt and its FREAKING ADORABLE and I really really like it!



Wednesday I then had off to have a ‘farewell lunch’ with Matt’s brother as he is off to live in Singapore. We went up to Covent Garden and had a burger then we and Matt made the most of the day and went around London. I found the VOODOO Vixen dress I had been eyeing up in a shop there and was very disappointed when the fit was terrible. I don’t know if it was the dress in general or just the dress on me, but unless I lift my boobs close to my chin it’s all saggy at the top. Most likely for the best as I am SOOO SKINT till Tuesday heheh!

We are then going for a Chinese this evening with Matt’s Dad which should be lovely and then that’s it! As you can see if you actually read the above post I have had a rather hectic week and weekend. I’m gutted it’s all coming to an end and I really have post weekend blues! I need a pick me up to cheer me up!

Hopefully this weekend will be a relaxing one though!!


No comments:

Post a Comment