Tuesday 14 July 2015

1 Month into a different life!

WOWZA. It has been a whole 4 weeks since we moved in and exactly 1 month yesterday.

It was Saturday the 13th and yesterday was Monday the 13th; it was 4 weeks the Saturday just gone. So yeah that month went quickly, I’m not even sure where the heck it went! Comic is now a matter of days away and I am already planning for the autumn! Well kind of!

So I have scrapped my plan for 2015 to have a holiday. I know really I won’t have the money to save up for a holiday abroad comfortably in the next few months I am fed up of saving every penny I have and now I really don’t have to. I put all this effort into saving and being unhappy and now I achieved what I wanted and it was well worth it!

 However now I want to be able to spend my money (all be it sensibly) so I am going to book a week off for my birthday and have that as a holiday. I want to visit the Harry Potter studio tour again so I will book tickets for that and then I guess we
can just see where the week takes us. We did think of going away for a week, but it’s around £300 and the weather at that time of the year is really temperamental! Instead we will just see what the weather is like and play it day by day! Hopefully there will be some sunshine and a few trips to the beach and shopping.

The flat is really starting to feel like home now. I am starting to sleep well (I didn’t sleep great at first used to wake up very early), which on the downside means it is harder to get out of bed each morning! When I first moved I was happy to clean, I was cleaning up after myself straight away all the time that is slowly lacking haha! I thought it might, but I still enjoy tidying and cleaning to an extent as I feel very house proud which I haven’t had before! We had Matt’s Dad and Julie over on Wednesday and I cooked a big dinner for us all. The spaghetti went a little wrong, I cooked too much and also over cooked it slightly buy hey ho it tasted ok! That was nice, they were the first people to properly come over and visit over than my Mum and Dad. 

I am now counting down the days until Saturday and comic con time where I will get to meet SUCH A LEGEND and a bit of a hero to me Richard Dean Anderson!

I picked out this outfit!:

(Hell Bunny fox dress)

I got this dress back in October, it was on my birthday and me and Matt went shopping and Matt bought it for me! Alas as it was October it was far too summery a dress to wear in October so it has just sat in my wardrobe but will get its first outing this weekend!
I have already started planning the day!
  • 6-6:15am get up!
  • 6:50am – Leave the house and go get breakfast and McDonalds
  • 7:18am – get train to London
  • 8am – Arrive and join queue!

Then there is the Doctor who talk that is free I would like to attend, Richard Dean Anderson talk, Game of Throne talk and then Richard Dean Anderson photo!

I am really excited now… this year has been tough; we have had very few days out so this will be great fun! It’s the one big event I wait for every year!


Do you know what is really bad though! I am actually feeling autumn already…. The summer kind of breaks through here and then quickly vanishes even though 2 weeks ago was one of the hottest days on record. As much as I now enjoy the summer, autumn is my favourite month and I can’t wait for candles, coffees, Halloween, Christmas and jumpers. I can’t wait to experience this all in my flat, especially as we aren’t holidaying now! HOWEVER maybe if we could have a few months of warm dry weather first that would be lovely! Haha!

Well I hope the rest of the week goes quickly and I will report once Comic Con has been and gone and Con blues have set in!


No comments:

Post a Comment