Monday 20 July 2015

London Film and Comic Con 2015 - Richard Dean Anderson!

So it is Monday and Comic Con is over and done with! I am feeling pretty meh about it. BOO.
Friday rolled around and Matt had been having tooth ache all week and it was getting worse. On Thursday night I was late to bed sitting up with him why he was in agony. We had booked an appointment for Friday, but he had been waiting over a year to have his wisdom tooth pulled out. Instead we waited and it would get real bad again and they would patch it up and it would get real bad again…. So I said to Matt let’s just pay private and get the damn thing out, even though it would have been a hefty £150. Eep.

So the plan was for him to go along, get it patched up and then book in for the following week to have the thing pulled. Didn't turn out like that they pulled it there and then and said if was easy they would only charge NHS price (£50) and if it went wrong it would be private price. THANK GOODNESS it came out in one and he paid NHS price and walked out 1 tooth less. Bit of a shock for both of us.

Anyhow onto the comic con things! So although I was relived Matt wouldn’t be in crippling stabbing pain from his tooth I was now worried he wouldn’t feel great having a big hole in his gum!

Friday I had lots to do… shower, get my outfit ready, get my food shopping and start the washing (boring flat owning stuff I now have to do…. But I ordered my shopping online and I am VERY happy with that!).

So I packed my bag….


I made sure to bring deodorant, lady items, money, sun glasses and normal glasses, sun cream, spare tights, tickets, photo holder and then in the morning I packed sammichs, oreos, big bottle of water and my fully charged camera and back up batteries for our phones.

The food shopping arrived by 10pm and I was in bed around 11pm but I won’t lie I didn’t sleep well, I was far too excited.

I had planned on getting up around 6-6:20am but got up at 6am, which I am pleased with as I ended up having less time than I had thought! I straightened my hair as the weather had been pretty temperamental Friday and my curls had ended up kind of huge and poofy! I did my make up and put on my dress, I chose to wear my hell bunny fox dress, Matt bought it for me in October and it was such a summer dress I just haven’t gotten around to wearing it!


I was very happy with it and felt very good in it and just before 7am we headed to McDonalds and got breakfast. I covered myself in napkins in fear I would spill it all down myself on my very pale dress and white cardigan.. I checked my watch and realised it was 7:07am and thought OOH GOD OUR TRAIN COMES IN 11 minutes so we had to hurry it along a bit and headed across the road to the train station.

We made it to the queue for just before 8am.. I was expecting to walk round to a different entrance but we ended up queuing where we queued in 2012 as the queue was pretty huge it went all the back along the building. It didn’t take long until it snaked back up along the other side of the street!



Time went pretty fast and the hour zoomed by and just after 9am the queue started to move quite quickly and we were in just before 9:30am! We looked around a little bit as it was still quite calm in there and we then headed to photo shoot area C to queue up for my photo.

We were going to go to the Doctor Who talk which was free and then do the photo later, but I’m glad I changed my mind and went to the photoshoot first as it ended up getting really manic for Richard Dean Anderson later in the day so I have read.



I queued up and I was batch 2 so I was called in… and I went through. He was just so amazing and smiley and happy…. He seemed like he genuinely wanted to be there and was enjoying himself. I said ‘Hi’ and he gave me a squeeze took a photo and the as I left he said, “you’re very pretty” with a big smile on his face…. I swooned and said THANK YOU and then kinda ran off to get my photo! I am SUPER happy with my photo too. I think it turned out really well! 


When then headed upstairs to the first talk which was Richard Dean Anderson. The queues to be honest were a mess. We realised we were in the wrong queue as we had batch 1, however it worked out and we got great seats. On the way up we realised quickly the place was filling up and getting up the stairs and through the crowds to the super stage was quite a battle.

Richard Dean Anderson came on and he was just amazing, I think it is probably my favourite talk I’ve ever been to. He was so down to earth and genuine. He seemed like it truly was enjoying being there and he was more eccentric than I imagined! He was just great! He told some funny back stage stories from Stargate and was just really well timed and funny!



He also had a huge range of facial expressions that just added to his charm! The 40minutes went WAY too fast and alas it came to an end.

There was half an hour before the Game of Thrones talk but we decided to go straight out and queue again, which was a huge mess again but we got good seats and waited for it to start.  I was a tad disappointed with this one. Charles Dance and Rose Lesile cancelled alas, so it started with just Carice van Houten and Daniel Portman however they were swiftly joined by Finn Jones and Keisha Castle-Hughes.. The talk was enjoyable, but Charles and Rose were the main reasons I booked the tickets alas….. They were funny and charming though and I enjoyed it!



It is great to hear that actually start filming season 6 today! However unsurprisingly couldn’t give any clues into the season!

We then came out and were pretty hungry as it was gone 1:30pm ( I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE THE MORNING WENT) and found a quiet spot to sit on the floor and eat lunch. WRONG turned out it was quiet for like 1 minute and we had actually picked a bloody terrible space to stop. Oh well!

Prepacked lunch over we hit the stalls. This year it was over 2 floors. The amount and the quality of the stalls were in a different league this year! There was SO MUCH TO LOOK AT and so much to choose from.

(This guy was amazing, i believe he is called Spock Vegas and for a donation to a Epilepsy Foundation you could get a photo of him or a selfie and I couldn't say no!
 He didn't break character and sounded so much like the real Spock!)




(Just cause I love Arnie)

(My FAVOURITE cosplay of the weekend)

If you’ve read any of my other blog posts you will see I have spent the last 1-2 years paying of debt. All over years have been tight with money and guilt unusually stops me spending too much. This year though I decided to just get what I wanted and enjoy myself. Any money spent would be MY MONEY and I can do as I please with it!

And I did! I got less ‘bits’ this year. Usually I get some necklaces and accessories. Instead I got bigger pieces, including one very naughty buy!

  • Star trek bow
  • Wash and Zoe pop funks
  • Baymax pop funko
  • Lord of the rings ring
  • Some art prints
  • Brain slug hair thing
  • And the big spend with the SDCC2013 exclusive Destructor and Gender Bender Futurama figure set… I just COULDN’T SAY NO! I would of regretted it if we hadn’t of gotten it! But it was rather a lot of money! I regret nothing!

We finished up about 5pm and Matt had been carrying my bags all day so my back wouldn’t hurt me (best boyfriend awards right there) and he wasn’t feeling 100% because of his tooth so we headed o a few last stalls and visited Jenna and Mike at Get Ready Retro to say farewell and at just gone 5:30pm we headed home. I was VERY RELUCTANT to go, although we had been in there for 8 hours I felt like it was only about half an hour and I had NO IDEA where the whole day had gone! I was still full of energy and didn’t want it to be over!

Once on the train home alas I did crash pretty hard and realised actually I was EXHAUSTED… we got in a ordered Pizza Hut and ate some and then fell asleep. I think we were in bed before 10pm which is unheard of for us! 

This year was much much bigger than any other year I have been! I had an absolute blast though and I am already excited for the Winter one. We usually go out for lunch and take lots of breaks outside but this year was so intense and being spread over 4 floors in total didn’t allow us any time to go outside! I am really glad we packed a lunch I will defiantly be doing that again next time we wouldn’t of had time to go out for lunch.

I always urge people to go to conventions, the atmosphere is great and being surrounded up like minded people is so much fun. It makes you feel comfortable and at home!

So now the post con blues are in full swing, and the next cool thing I have planned is the week I have booked off for my Birthday! But I shall go and wallow in self pity for the rest of the week wishing I could back! Haha!

I hope you all have a fabulous geeky week! 


2 comments:

  1. You met RDA! :-D I met him at Chevron, about 4 years ago now. He's a really nice guy. I read in another post you've met all of SG1 except Claudia Black? I need to meet her and Corin Nemec (not that jonas was a member of SG1 for long).

    My partner and dad went to the GOT talk and really enjoyed it. We've been going to LFCC and other cons since 2009. :-)

    Kim
    http://chimmyville.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He really is a nice guy :D
      I was actually really surprised at how lovely he was. His talk was great too so down to earth and a little bit nuts!

      I believe my first LFCC was 2012, gutted I missed so many before that and they are getting busier every year so I really wish I had been previous years!

      I've not been to any of the Chevron conventions (always tempting) are they good?

      Toria :)

      Delete