Wednesday 1 July 2015

Oh hey there summer!

So I have been in the flat for over two weeks now! I am very much enjoying it, even though I feel like I haven’t spent much time there with work! I did get to thoroughly enjoy it over the weekend though!

The summer is 110% here as well! The last few days have been soooo warm and today is meant to hit record temperatures. Luckily now I have a boost in confidence I am far more happy and comfortable about this! No more hiding and overheating in a hoody….. lovely flowy tops and skirts… however still it is exceptionally warm outside!

Last week it was hard to drag my ass back to work and then to the gym Monday too! It is a long drive now to the Gym but I’ve finished up there now and I’ve joined another gym much closer… a couple of minute drive rather than a 20 minute drive. Then Tuesday we went and saw The Terminator at the cinema. It was fab to see the old film the cinema I haven’t seen it in ages!

Wednesday I FINALLY got to relax and just watch back to back Orange is the New Black! (I have now finished this!) and Thursday back to the gym ugh! As you can see my week was busy, but this week I have no plans other the gym, just lots of relaxing and spending time in my flat. 

I have a bit of a wish list going on at the moment…

TopShop Sunglasses bag

Floozie Swimsuit - Debenhams

 Sandals - Asos

H! by Henry Holland top - Debenhams

I might have to treat myself to a few things... we shall see I guess!
I wanted to save for a holiday abroad so much! However I think I am just going to try and save and get some savings together and look at booking a holiday in January for early next year instead! I think it is better to have some savings and be comfortable than try and stretch my money to afford a holiday!

I think we may try and get away at some point this year. Perhaps to centre Parcs as we have always wanted to go there or maybe somewhere near the coast. But I guess we can see how money goes! My plan is to let things settle down for a couple of months and see where we are and how much extra money we will have each month! June was an exceptionally expensive month with moving and I spent more of my savings than I wanted to! But I have high hopes that we should be finically stable now and actually have extra money to enjoy which would make a change as we’ve spent the last few years struggling through. I still feel weird to think that I owe no money and its such a freeing feeling.

I also tried the train for the first time today. That was pretty good to be honest, the drive has varied between 40-60minutes and the last few days in the sun with broken air con has been quite uncomfortable. The walk took around 4 minutes to the station and there was no queue for the ticket machine so I got the earlier train. I arrived into Croydon at around 8:42 and it took about 13minutes to walk to work from there and may have been quicker had I not had to shuffle out the train station because of the crowds of people. It was considerably less stressful and more peaceful than driving. I just zoned out and enjoyed the train ride, and the air con was a bonus!

So I will try the train for the rest of the week! See how that goes and I will continue to enjoy my flat. Thursday we have an induction at the new gym but other than that I have no plans and I hope to enjoy the sunshine and my space!




No comments:

Post a Comment