Monday 27 July 2015

Oh weekends you go too quickly!

So last week was a really busy one for me. I had gym Monday as usual, then friends round Tuesday then I did my Pilates class and the gym on Wednesday (which kinda killed me a bit) and then I went out with Lisa on Thursday night to see an artist called Beans on Toast and then Matt and I had a great day out Saturday and a really chilled out Sunday.

I'll start with Saturday as I had such a good day! I woke up about 10:30am and we had a plan to go to Brighton (weather depending) and do some shopping, go to the pier, have dinner and see a film. Matt kindly got us a subway breakfast and I got ready and we headed off to Brighton. We go down there about 1ish I think and hit the shops…

I just wanted to have a good shop and day out as I haven’t been able to for months possibly even a year really… I picked up two things I fell a bit in love with!

The first was this Sugarhill boutique dress. It had little birds on it and the back was so pretty!



And the second was a more considered spend (£56 in the sale reduced from £75) this Collectif leather jacket… it is just so beautiful. I have a leather jacket but I have never gotten along with it. I always felt it was too harsh on me and I don’t think it fitted that well. But this one was just perfection. Also when I was paying they said, 'you've spent over £30 so you get to pick a free pair of sun glasses' so I was all over that! Win win!


I was hoping to get a few bits shopping, but ended up with just a dress and a jacket, but as the jacket was rather pricey that was ok!

I am still on the hunt for a summer skirt I really like, although summer seems like a wash out at the moment away so maybe I won’t need one haha!

We then headed down to the pier. Usually we spend a lot of time playing on grabbing machines, but as we threw out so many soft toys when we moved and I had to put loads back in my Dad’s loft we decided to give them a miss. The wind was pretty fierce but I have to say it was pretty warm and sunny all day and most importantly it stayed dry for us! I did flash my knickers completely when the wind got a hold of my skirt! Woops.!


I decided I would like to go down to the sea front for a bit so we went for a walk and there was a mini golf place, which was only £3 per person. I was pretty excited when Matt said he wanted to play as he usually doesn’t like things like that. I actually ended up having a fantastic time and I won wohoo! It may have only been by 1 point but I won!




We then went and sat on the beach for a little bit, but it was getting pretty nippy so we had a little cuddle took a few photos and headed to the car. 



After that, we headed to the Harvester and had a really lovely meal and went to see Ted 2 at Cineworld. I being a classy girl split BBQ sauce down my dress and in an attempt to get it off (I did succeed at that) made it looked like I had, had a HUGE accident all down the front my dress. Luckily being thin cotton it dried very quickly. 

Ted 2 was great as well. I may write a little review on that, I just wish the people behind us could of avoided kicking our chairs throughout the whole movie. Meh. Then we got home about 1-2am and crashed out in bed to wake up late Sunday and have an exceptionally chilled one!

Thursday before the weekend was another really good evening for me too! Beans on Toast was playing for the Ambition Festival that was held over the weekend just gone in Croydon, surprisingly for Croydon it all looked really good.

I was really looking forward to it as I haven’t had a night out in well too long and he was performing a few minute walk away from our offices. We headed to the pub after work and had some noodles and cider and then headed to another pub for some more cider and then headed to Mathew’s Yard where they were performing. I really enjoyed the support acts, especially the second one who was Glenn Hodge Banned, I’ve been listening to him on apple music the last few days!  


(Glenn Hodge Banned)

Beans on Toast came on about 9-9:30 I think and he was fantastic. He was really funny and witty and his music is great! I really really enjoyed the evening! I eventually got home about 11:30pm where I grabbed a naughty burger on my way back.  

 

(Beans on Toast)

Considering I don’t really drink I felt pretty alright on Friday (even though EVERYTHING hurt from my class and gym on Thursday)

I am pretty gutted as Lisa is leaving at the end of this week to go on to new adventures. I do hope we keep in touch, but work will not be the same without her!

I will end this entry with a few pretty pictures. 


While having a chilled Sunday and tidying up, I sorted my dresses out and I am surprised at the amount of beautiful patterns and dresses I have collected. They bring me mucho joy and happiness and they are just ALL SO PRETTY! I just wish I had more places to wear them!

I hope the week is good, and the weather improves!
(although I am happy to wear my jacket this morning ha)









No comments:

Post a Comment