Monday 9 May 2016

Fun in Nottingham


Back near the beginning of the year Laura and I arranged for myself and Matt to go up to Nottingham again and spend a weekend with her and Sammi. Originally we were looking at August but I saw that EM Con was on at the end of April over the May bank holiday, so we decided to take advantage of that. 

We booked Friday off so we could head up nice and early and get an extra day together. That didn't quite go to plan. 

We did get up nice and early and had a Toby Carvy buffet breakfast and was ready almost bang on 11am like I had planned. What I didn't think about was that everyone would be using the M1 and M25 to travel on the bank holiday. What should of been just under a 3 hour drive turned into 5 hours. FIVE whole hours, it was rather long and frustrating. We did make it though and got to spend the afternoon with Laura and Sammi and all evening. 

We ordered pizza and Laura unwrapped her birthday gifts and we spent the evening catching up. Matt and I needed to be at the arena fairly early on Saturday so we went to bed earlyish ready for the weekend ahead!

Saturday was awesome and you can read about that here!

Then Sunday we had a lay in did a bit of shopping around Nottingham and as always when we are in Nottingham we headed over to Annie's Burger Shack! I had the Delta burger which I believe I have had before. It was pretty spicy but delicious.

Matt and I at Annie's
We then headed home and spent the evening eating desserts, chatting and drinking wine which was really lovely. 

Sammi hasn't been that well so we headed over for another breakfast buffet on Monday and she went home while myself, Laura and Matt went to have a look around Wollaton Hall and Park. Unfortunately the weather was pretty naff, it was bitterly cold and threatening to rain. We did however have a look around the house and the park and snapped a few photos! (warning heavy image post below!)








We only stayed a while because of the weather, which is so annoying as we are having a beautiful heat wave at the moment, less than a week after we went! BOO! I really enjoyed looking around and the place was really beautiful! I really want to go back there when the weather is nicer!

Then we popped to Derby to do a bit more shopping as there wasn't much to do with the weather which started to tip in down with rain moments after we left the hall. After the shopping we headed back to Laura's spent a while chatting and then early evening we headed home.

I really didn't want to leave, I have NO IDEA where the weekend went but I had an absolutely fabulous time. Whenever we spend time with Laura and Sammi, I  remember how much I miss her and I wish we lived closer. What I wouldn't give to just call her and say 'HEY LOR I'M COMING OVER WITH A BOTTLE OF WINE AND A MOVIE SEE YOU IN 5!' 

But alas she lives over 100 miles away so I will just have to treasure the moments I get to spend with her and Sammi.

My bank holiday weekend was great though and I can't wait for the next one (lets hope for some sunshine!)





No comments:

Post a Comment