Thursday 19 May 2016

Life update and new hair plans!

This week has been much quieter for me than previous weeks. To be honest with you I think that the next few months will be quieter as I am really budgeting again and saving money as my holiday to Singapore is fast approaching. Too quickly if you ask me. The idea of my trip to Destination Star Trek, my credit card I need to pay off, Christmas and then the added pressure of paying for our flights and saving spending money is a little over whelming at the moment. I think I will have to postpone some of this till 2017 but after paying off all my debt last year I find it exceptionally scary that I could easily fall back into that hole!

Hopefully as my brain is wired much better and much more sensibly with money now I hope that I will prevent this from happening. This is a nice flow into my next update topic of my hair. Last March I had to stop bleaching it ( I used to do it at home so it didn’t cost much). I wrote about it briefly here, but to sum up I had finally got to the point where I had almost white hair, hair I had dreamed about having for years. There was a big price to pay for this though and back before the Christmas of 2014 I started to notice breakage. Very quickly in the space of 6 months my hair was so damaged random chunks were snapping and breaking. Parts of my hair were so dry and brittle they were uncontrollable and to be honest I was fed up of dying it every 3-4weeks.

So I went more natural and toned it down. I have ended up with highlighted hair now which I do think looks quite nice. However the more of my natural colour that comes through, the more I actually think, ‘hey that doesn’t look too bad’. It has been on my mind for a while now the idea od going natural. There are too key negatives to having highlights. 1 is having to give up almost a whole Saturday to get my hair done every three months is kind of annoying and 2 it also it leaves a huge dent in my purse. It is pretty much £100 a go with a trim and highlights and to be honest with you it is money I don’t want to spend and time I don’t want to use.

So I thought what the heck, let’s do it. Let’s let my hair grow and the highlights hopefully should grow out naturally and eventually I should be left with a full head of natural healthy hair that needs no maintaining other than haircuts. I like that ombre effect where it fades from dark to blonde and I think it would be a nice slow process of getting used to having darker hair too as I would imagine it will be a few years until most of it is gone.

Images found on pintrest - NOT MY OWN!
I may need to have some more highlights or low lights to blend it in depending on how it grows out but we shall see. So I am excited to be saving money and my time. I have to say I have been dying my hair since I was about 14 and I just don’t want to do it anymore. It is a really refreshing thought to think I do not need to fit having my hair done around what activities I am doing.

I think one of the reasons I was so set on blonde hair as I was so unhappy with what I wore when I was bigger due to lack of confidence. But now I can express myself through my style and I don’t feel the need to have bright glowing hair. All I want now is super long shiny healthy hair and I have to say brown hair is really growing on when I see girls with long glossy hair.

The only idea I have of what my natural colour will be!
Fingers crossed I don’t freak out in 3 months’ time and have the highlights put back in. However at least this was it won’t be hard to put it back to blonde unlike the time I dyed it all read haha!


I think I will document it on here and see how fast it grows too (the hairdresser cut it far too short last time and this makes me very sad) Anyhow that’s my plan and I am REALLY excited to see what my natural colour is and to watch it grow out.


No comments:

Post a Comment