Thursday 12 May 2016

Heat wave weekend.


If you live in the UK then you will be fully aware of how insane the weather was last weekend. If you don't then please understand that we had a mini heat wave, when it had been snowing on and off less than a week ago, for it to be HOT hot 25+ degrees that is how crazy the weather was. Plus here in the UK weather like this is so rare that we all celebrate hard!

I was really pleased because of 2 reasons.
  1. I had planned on going to Cow Pie again 
  2. I was on a downer from the previous weekend festivities being well and truly over and I needed a pick me up. 
I put all 20 year something year olds to shame with my wild crazy self and spent my Friday evening cleaning the flat. I also took a nap. Haha I am so old! But it meant that I could just enjoy my weekend as a friend popped round Saturday morning. 

With the weather being so nice, Matt and I took advantage and tried mini golf again, you can see my previous adventure here. That was really enjoyable and I won hurrah, then afterwards we headed to creams and had a dessert. It was a very pleasant date night.




It was quite a spontaneous evening, but very enjoyable and it was just nice to spend some time in the sunshine with Matt. 

So Sunday rolled round and I was very excited. My sister and I went to the Cow Pie show last year, which you can read about here. And we decided to go again this year because we have so much fun last year and with the weather being so ridiculously beautiful we had to go!

Please enjoy a rather image heavy post below!


I loved the army vehicles 
All the baby animals were soooo cute
We took a ride on a horse and cart
Had to get an Ice Cream couldn't say no!
I was explaining to this guy that the cross bow was my choice of weapon in a zombie apocalypse
Rather melted slush puppy
I loved all the dogs there and I wanted to take them all home!
I also made a badger friend





We ended up getting these quite late again as my sister wanted her roast dinner first and then took ages to get ready *shakes fist* but we still got over two hours there and got to do all the things we wanted. We have decided next year to go in the morning weather permitting! 

We had a ride on a horse and cart, ate ice creams, shot a cross bow and watched vikings fighting. The weather was so beautiful I didn't want the day to end. There were so many dogs everywhere that I wanted to steal and it take home. I was rather snap happy  and took a lot of photos (over 100 oops!) it was hard not to be when the weather was that glorious! 

So my weekend was fab again which was good as it took my mind of the weekend in Nottingham I was missing, but has left me feeling a bit down now this weekend too is over! 

I can't win it seems. I really want to try and get to some more shows like this and make the most of the summer weather (lets all hope and pray that it stays this way)

I hope you enjoyed the weekend if you too had this BEAUTIFUL weather! 



No comments:

Post a Comment