Monday 2 May 2016

Macklemore Live O2


I recently have become a big fan of Macklemore and Ryan Lewis. I have enjoyed their songs since Thrift Shop but only recently listened to their albums properly! With the announcement of their new album at the beginning of the year I looked up to see if they were doing any live shows and hurrah they were! I was really happy to see some tickets were still available so I got Matt and I some.

I took a half day and thanks to the train strike (bloody inconvenient!) I drove up there. We had seated tickets which was nice as I didn’t feel rushed or feel like a needed to queue to get near the front. We had a lovely dinner and headed inside with enough time to catch the support acts. I really enjoyed the first person called XP and the second support wasn’t quite my cup of tea but still very talented!


Outfit of the night - Sugarhill boutique dress and new grey brogues 

Macklemore and Ryan Lewis then came on stage about 9pm and were amazing from start to finish! They played all their big hits and lots of songs from the new album. A couple of songs in Macklemore got everyone who was in the seated area to stand up, which I was pleased about as it meant I could have a good dance. He really is an outstanding showman and what I really really liked was how humble he is. He genuinely seems so grateful to his fans and he seemed almost overwhelmed to be playing to 10,000 people in London!

Warning onto the rest of the post which is picture heavy!








The show was fantastic, the atmosphere was great and I did as much dancing as I could without risk of falling down the seats in front! It was over so quickly but I enjoyed every minute of it!

He really is a very talented artist and the show went flawlessly The pace of the night didn't stop or slow down at all. He also sported some pretty interesting outfits throughout the night!

They ended on Downtown which was awesome (unfortunately my camera died at that point so no photos) as the crowd went crazy and streamers were released into the air.

I was gutted it was over as it went far too quickly and it was totally worth being exhausted at work the next day. I will definitely go and see them live again when they tour next and I might even try and get standing next time so I can dance my little heart out!





No comments:

Post a Comment