Tuesday 1 September 2015

Bank Holiday weekend.

In true British fashion we waved goodbye to the last Bank Holiday weekend before Christmas and the New Year with lots and lots of rain. Bucket loads in to exact!

To be honest with you I’ve had much better weekends. This one ended up being quite stressful and has left me in a slump. Just to sum it all up, Matt’s old rooms suffered terribly from damp, and the year just gone with no heating it has spread like CRAZY, and lots of our things ended up being binned or ruined with mold. We cleaned everything when we bought it over to the new flat. However accidently while looking for a bag I found out that in actual fact the mold has come with us and come in clothes, particularly ones that lived in the wardrobe. I am really feeling quite down and exhausted now. I thought I had left this entire mold problem behind. I plan on now washing ALL the clothes in the coat cupboard and wardrobe. The items in my draws seem to be unaffected, it is a huge task though and I have to take it to family to help otherwise it will take me weeks to do.

ANYWAY moving on POSITIVE MIND…. On Saturday I went to see Lisa and had a good old catch up in the pub, it was so nice to see her as I haven’t seen her in a month! Then me and Matt went and did some window shopping in Bluewater.

Sunday was spent cleaning and that’s when I found my issue ugh! However Monday was better even though it tipped it down ALL DAY! I went to a Donkey Derby in the afternoon with my sister and in the evening Matt and I had a date night!

In the last two weeks I think I said in a previous post I won 2 gift cards (one for a dress shop and one for Frankie and Benny’s) so we went off out for dinner. With the discount from our Cineworld cards and the voucher we got out whole meal for £4.18! I had a chicken wrap and it was LOVELY! Really really nice and afterwards we headed to see the film No Escape. That was surprisingly really good too, I was expecting that much from it, but it was a real thrill ride of a film!


So as you can see my Bank holiday was ok… but not great alas… one good thing though is Mumford and Sons announced their UK tour so I will be trying to get tickets on their presale link tomorrow morning! I am SO EXCITED, and Matt and I have also decided to start saving again.


We have been a little lost since moving and haven’t really had a goal, which is strange after years of wanting to move out on our own! We have decided together to go and do a big BLOW OUT HOLIDAY in Florida and I am SO EXCITED. We are going to save as much as we can and if we have a good amount by February 2016 we will go ahead and book our holiday! It is nice having a new goal and the idea of going away for 2 weeks for fun and sun and ORLANDO AND DISNEY just is freaking amazing!

So fingers crossed the week improves and fingers crossed I get my tickets tomorrow :D




No comments:

Post a Comment