Monday 21 September 2015

Homely joys and pottering Sundays.


The last two weekends I have really made the most of a quiet peaceful weekend, and this Sunday I finally sat back and thought, ‘yes!! This is what I have been dreaming about for years!’

Matt and I have been in our new flat for over 3 months now, but there are some things that are only just setting into my brain now! On Sunday I was making a coffee in-between watching back to back shows, the candle was flickering and a sweet smell of summer scoop had filled the flat. I was feeling peaceful and relaxed and realised how happy I was to have this space to call my own. I then went and scooted under the blanket with my coffee and carried of watching lots of lovely TV shows.

I keep thinking back to when I would imagine getting up in the morning and having a living room to go and sit and make my breakfast. Having a sofa to snuggle up on and when I am tired I can go back to bed instead of living all in one room. It is now a reality and I am enjoying quiet days, days where I can just potter and not worry but be entertained without this ‘I MUST GET OUT THIS GODDAMN ROOM’ feeling. I was tempted to go to Brighton yesterday, the cool autumn air and warm sunshine were tempting me, but I reminded myself that it wasn’t worth the money and I have SO MUCH planned for October. I enjoyed the quiet Sunday instead.

I stop sometimes and just have to take in that fact that this was all a dream for years and what feels like in the blink of an eye it became real and I just love having my own space and my own life. There were lots of worries, such as organizing, keep up with cleaning and would we be ok for money when we moved. Slowly over the last 3 months they have all come into place and just sort of 'clicked'. I am feeling very comfortable and happy at the moment... and almost time to have my first Birthday there woohoo!

Another fantastic Autumnal thing I love is TV. Its starts again! I caught up on ‘This is England 90’ (amazing by the way!!) and ‘Dr Who’ started again, I very much enjoyed that too, I am so excited about this series I think it will really take off (and Clara will be leaving soon HURRAH, I dislike her character so so much). ‘The Walking Dead’ will also be back soon and with the weather getting crappier re-runs are always awesome to watch on a stormy afternoon!


I saw my Mum and Dad for a bit on Saturday, and then spent the afternoon watching Maze Runner in preparation to see ‘The Scorch Trials’ at the cinema that evening. We had dinner and then headed off to the Cinema about 8pm. (It was a really good film, much better than the first)

Sunday I caught up with my house work, and sat down for lunch just after midday. One of the nice things about our flat is its location, we are minutes away from the town center on foot but the road is up a little hill so it feels very secluded and quiet and so far we haven’t experienced any negatives only positives from the location. I wanted new trousers for my pilates class and we needed boring things such as milk and bread. The weather was beautiful so it really breaks up the afternoon living this close to the town, you can go for a stroll and have a good look around for free. 


I also had a rummage through the charity shops. I LOVED HARRY POTTER when I was a kid and being a dyslexic kid reading was tough for me and I hated it. But Harry Potter was the first book I remember choosing to read and loving it. I have fond memories of laying in bed with Mum as she read to us and I remember the excitement when I went to get the next book. 

Unfortunately I got older and the books got longer and longer I never finished reading them. I have re-embraced my Harry Potter love recently; we are off to the Studio Tour in 2 weeks time and are currently re watching all the films. I have also decided it is time to FINALLY READ ALL the books. 

There was a big problem with that plan when I couldn't find my copies…. I have come to the conclusion we probably threw them in the move (a lot of stuff was binned due to the mold infestation, some items were un-saveable) alas. I did look at buying a new copy but realising that the new books have different artwork I turned to the charity shops to find the same books I had as a kid.


I was in Luck! In the first charity shop for £4.99 they had the first 4 books in a set and they look brand new. I really don’t think they have been read and the spines are perfect! I started re-reading 'The Philosopher's Stone' last night and I plan in reading them during lunch breaks and my commute! 

I cannot wait to get reading past where I have gotten in the past (I'm not actually sure what books i have read!!) and I am SO EXCITED to go back to the Studio Tour in just over two weeks time and spend all my birthday monies there!

Have a lovely week fellow Muggles!





No comments:

Post a Comment