Wednesday 9 September 2015

Hello Autumn, hello chills.

So GOOD NEWS I got my Mumford and Son’s tickets. Woohoo! It was a tense half an hour, they went on sale at 9am but I believe the website must have gone down and it wasn’t until around 9:30am that I actually got in and got 2 standing tickets for the 9th December. I am so excited and I have booked the day off to go and queue early on, I think it will be amazing I am hoping to get to the front! Sarah has offered to pay for the parking which means we could take a blanket and supplies and queue and there are loads of places to eat so there will be lots of chance to get foods. I am really excited. When we hit October I have so much planned and to look forward to I cannot wait.

The weekend just gone was pretty dull, I am pretty sure this is what I will day at the beginning of post so perhaps unless it was eventful we can just assume it was dull haha!

Friday we put everything in the flat away, we had been airing it out all week. My Grandma amazingly washed so much stuff for me and I filled bin bag with charity shop clothes too! I believe the dehumidifier is working well as there is none or very little moisture on the window in the mornings. I have also done some research and feel more confident in keeping the damp away. All is back in its place now, and I believe I can get the washing finished this weekend so no more bags of stuff laying around. At least I know where to check in the rooms to see if there is a problem starting.

 It does mean that I need to invest in a dehumidifier though, that is a fair chunk of money so that kind of sucks but it is a small price to pay if it means I won’t get mold and damp. I am going to test my mum’s one for a few weeks and see how it goes, if no sign of it coming back then I know it will be worth it, I also need tyres for the car. Life is one big list of paying out money, crikey!

So this week is flying by again. I am glad as I have 2 weeks and 2 days to go before my week break. I am so excited for some time off I keep writing about it and going on about it, but I really feel like I need it!
 
I can really feel autumn setting in and so early this year. I even got gloves out this morning to keep the chill of my fragile hands. I’ve been wearing jackets and scarfs for a good 2 weeks now, I still feel like our summer never really came but I am now looking forward to all the things that come with autumn! Snuggly clothes, scarfs, hot drinks and lots of warm colours, and OF COURSE my winter/autumn dresses!

Including this one!



I am having this for my Birthday it is a Sugarhill Boutique dress. So far I don’t have much on my wish list. My love for Harry Potter has exploded recently so I may just get money and get lots of Harry Potter stuff at the studio tour! I actually ordered another dress with that one (toucan dress) but it fitted really badly and the straps sat so strangely on me and just looked awkward so alas that went back (I was gutted as the fabric was stunning) I thought the above dress was a great all year round piece! The colour is bright enough for wearing in the summer but the style and cut means it can be worn when it's cooler too.

With the joys of lovely autumnal clothes coming in the shops I also picked up some new shoes. I have a little haul of shoes really, woops!

I wore some new pumps yesterday I got in the sale from Office a few weeks ago and they TORE my feet apart. My feet are covered in sores and blisters today, I knew I wouldn’t be able to get home in them so I popped/hobbled to Primark to get a plain pair to get home in. I however got carried away and left with 5 pairs in total (the black pair not pictured below were just their £4 plain black ones they always do)


I know 5 is quite a lot, but £34 for the lot I was pleased. I have been living off of 1 pair of grey pumps Laura bought be almost 2 years ago for about a year now, but the sole is falling off now. I also get fed up with putting together a lovely dress or outfit and not having any shoes to choose from and sometimes grey just doesn’t look great.

I loved all of these for the autumnal colours and I can’t wait to start pairing them with outfits and the brown pair are lovely and soft and actually practical! As much as I have tried to buy more practical shoes I still love my crappy little pumps. I think they look cute and I am most comfortable in them! I just REALLY want navy blue pair; which are always sold out in my size! Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on a pair soon!

In the spirit of autumn coming I have actually done a new design too and I am pretty happy with it! I am pretty sure its almost finished and I hope to complete it this weekend! I wanted to get brooches printed and made but money is a little tight and I bought 5 pairs of shoes instead ahah :p


 I hope everyone else is enjoying the chill in the air (although the sun is out in full force this afternoon!) and looking forward to autumn fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment