Wednesday 30 September 2015

YAAAY for Sugarhill Boutique

I wanted to write about Sugarhill boutique today as I acquired another one of their beautiful dresses and had an exception customer experience with them.

Their dresses are so beautiful but in all honesty are usually a little out of my price range so I often have them as gifts or wait for a good old sale. Last year however they realised the 'Folk Bear Dress' and I fell in love with it I bought it (if I remember correctly I had some birthday money) in October last year! I wore it a few times in the autumn/winter you can see here. I loved it and it looked really stunning on.

In the New Year I noticed however there was slight damage to the dress and the material had gone funny. I emailed Sugarhill not expecting much and they sent me a replacement! I was so happy, and we I got it back I popped it in my wardrobe ready for next winter. 

The other day I bought some read tights (thought I would give coloured tights a go) and was trying on autumn dresses, I thought I better try on the bear dress to see if it still fits. It however was a little large but a belt would fix that, however then I noticed one of the sleeves hadn't been finished. There was no button or button hole. I was gutted, it really ruined the dress, and as I had said previously it was an expensive dress for me to buy. 

Knowing it had been 9 months since I got there placement, although brand new and unworn I had taken the tags out and nearly a year since I originally bought it I assumed there was nothing that could be done. But I emailed Sugarhill regardless, and I am so happy I did. They got back within a day, the offered me a full refund as they can't replace it as it is sold out and asked me to donate my faulty dress to charity! 

The email was so friendly and kind and I really felt like that cared what I thought and they were generally sorry that it had been faulty! All I have to say is Sugarhill Boutique your customer service has been faultless and you are an shining example of customer care! They have definitely got themselves a loyal life long customer from me now!

So much so I went and invested in another dress haha! Didn't even wait 48 hours I don't think. I also managed to replace my bear dress with a smaller size too. The evening I found it broken I went to eBay to see if anyone was selling one, and someone was in the smaller size. I felt like it was fate, surely it must be! I won it (paid rather a lot more than I had planned but hey ho) and it left me with enough money to pick up another beautiful dress.

I saw this dress back in the spring summer, but with all the moving and saving I couldn't afford it. It is stunning and covered in elephants and it is now in the sale so I just had to give it ago. I ordered a 12 and a 14 and although both fitted the 14 had more length in the body and overall length too so I went with that one! I tried it with a navy blue cardigan and shoes, but I think the Navy blue cardi and blue tights will look amazing too when it is cooler. 




My replacement eBay dress arrived today and fits BEAUTIFULLY! I'm really glad I sized down! I think it now really compliments me and I seriously cannot love the neckline anymore. With this one too I noticed a few faults with the fabric, I guess it is just a problem with that dress in particular as all the other Sugarhill dresses seem lovely quality! But it is worth it have this dress in my wardrobe, I just fricking love it and I cannot wait to get it out when it is a bit cooler! It is just the perfect autumn winter dress!



I'm so glad I have one with functioning sleeves and that fits much better. I will be taking my old dress to Oxfam at the weekend, I have been taking my charity stuff to Oxfam as I want to do what I can to help the migrant crisis!

I think Sugarhill Boutique deserve a massive shout out for their customer service, and their clothes are beautiful and cute too! I am actually getting another one of their dresses for my birthday next week haha! So look out for an outfit post with that dress!

Happy shopping peeps!



No comments:

Post a Comment