Monday 23 September 2013

Back from France and back to work.

So my week off, my glorious week off I have been planning and looking forward to for months now has GONE, its passed and behind me. It is a horrible feeling. Its a Monday and the first day back today double wammy of shit. 

So now just to get through the next two weeks and I will have a 4 day weekend for my birthday....eeep I hope they go quickly.

So I will start with France and the weekend before. Left work a very happy girl on Friday. Went home then Saturday got up later than planned and had a breakfast at popin cafĂ©. Me and Matt then bought all cake ingredients to make Ruxandra’s cakes as part of her birthday presents. That was a major caffale! But we got it all together and it took a fair few hours to make. But they turned out pretty darn good.

Butter Beer Cakes for a Harry Potter crazy fan!

The recipe came from here!



Now keeping in mind I have never baked on my own from scratch I think I did pretty good! I made the ganache too and the butter cream on top. It took longer as I made the cakes then the rest but I had to wait so long for the ganache to cool down, if I made them again I would do the ganache first as that takes the longest to cool.

Now I don’t like cake but I did rather like these. I couldn't eat more than one as they were so sweet and they made my teeth hurt a little but I did enjoy them! Ruxandra ate them all within a week and Matt put away most the ones I kept at home.

So overall I am very happy with them and it’s kinda made me want to try baking other bits and pieces now!

So the evening was lovely me and Matt met Luke and Ruxandra in a pub in Epsom. I was worried things might be strange with Ruxandra as I worried she didn’t really want to go but it was really nice. Food was good and she seemed really pleased with her gifts and I’m super chuffed as I didn’t think she would like them as much as she did! :)

Sunday was pretty boring the weather was naff if I remember correctly and then Monday rolled around really quickly. I was packed and ready had brunch/lunch and headed to the airport!

We got to France pretty late maybe 6ish in the evening and went to buy food with Matt’s Dad and Julie. We had a really nice pizza thing and chips and then watched a film and went to bed. Tuesday was a chilled out kind of day. We just sat indoors and watched TV. I’m kinda glad as I couldn't get rid of my headache. Wednesday was much of the same except we popped out for a little bit to a store and then we went out to a grill place and I had a lovely beef burger!

Then on Thursday we took a trip to a zoo. It was a long drive that made me feel pretty ick but it was worth it when we got there. There were animals I hadn't seen before like a bear or a panda. The weather even brightened up a little for us too!







I had a really lovely time there and we came home and had dinner and watched Unstoppable which I also really enjoyed. I woke the next morning and started to pack my bags in disbelief that 5 days had flown by :(

We didn't have to fly until 5ish again so it was a late flight. Had a big fry up brunch thing for lunch and it was LUSH! Soo good! And then we flew home. As we had to drive past Lakeside from the airport so we popped in and had dinner and did a little shopping so we didn't have to pay the toll on the way back. Then before we knew it we were home and it was the weekend again!

It was lovely just having time away and relaxing and also seeing Matt’s Dad and Julie. I know how much Matt misses his Dad at times. I think they are planning  a trip to England in October so we may end up seeing them very soon.

So this weekend was ok. Went to Croydon on Saturday bought a AWESOME adventure time scarf. Then on Sunday Luke invited us to a BBQ, That was a really nice end to the week. I like spending time with Luke and his friend was nice too! Wish Ruxandra hadn’t had to of worked but I still got to spend some time with her!

So as I said before I am on a count down until my birthday now! Two whole weeks and then a 4 day weekend! At the moment I actually have some plans for my birthday.
  • 6th October – Winter London film and comic con (bought my tickets today)
  • 7th Dinner with Matt, Mum, Dad and Sarah (sister)!
  • Then the 8th which is my actual birthday me and Matt are going to Longleat which I am excited about. Although didn’t know it was a 2.5hour drive eeep!


I ordered these yesterday too and I’m going to have them from my Grandma for my birthday I love them! I am so into jumpers this year they are just so comfy!

They are both from NewLook and they just have the cutest print for Autumn  on them!

I think they are a good price too at £14.99 each!




I’m getting excited. My mum said I could have the coat too this is the first time in years where I have actually wanted stuffs for my birthday :)

There is only 15minutes left at work now so I will wrap this up. I wanted to show my nails as I thought they looked pretty awesome, like mermaids! They are a light blue/turquoise Barry M colour with a turquoise glitter on top! I usually put the glitter on darker colours and it can look a little heavy but I think it works really nicely on the lighter colour. 


I stumbled across some orange colours today on Tumblr which I love! I can’t seem to find the OPI version but I have a gold and I think I may get an orange and put the gold on top. Great for Halloween and autumn!








                         

Both images above taken from Tumblr!

I just LOVE all the autumn colours! They are so pretty and make me feel festive! I guess that is all for today I am going to head home eat and go for a swim!



 photo blogger_zpsc8710935.png

No comments:

Post a Comment