Tuesday 3 September 2013

London Film and comic Con! 2013

It has been such a long time since I updated!! (over 2 months) what a lazy bum am I!
So where should I start? I guess I will start with London Film and Comic Con.

So I waited a WHOLE YEAR to go. I was so excited as last year was so good and I was going to meet Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks eeep!

However about a week before Michael pulled out, and then they replaced him with Claudia Black, I was disappointed but it would still be a stargate talk and Michael was coming back in the winter so I was excited again. Until Claudia also cancelled due to family issues and that meant that talk was cancelled and I only had one photo shoot  :(

What annoyed me a little was if I had known this a few days earlier I would of seen if I could rearrange for the Sunday and go to the Amanda and Jason Stargate talk instead! But alas it was like 5pm on Friday and I just couldn’t think straight. So we got up at 6am and we were in the queue at 8am ish. We had an amazing pretzel on the way too from a place we just happened upon in Clapham Junction. It was called Knot and I had a bacon and cheese one OMG is was freaking good.

The trip was really nice actually, really really easy. Train to Clapham and then the over ground two stops to West Brompton. I loved the fact the venue was so easy to get to this year and that it was air conned and it was actually near things like a café and some pubs! But I didn’t like the lighting it was HORRIBLE yellow colour and I didn’t like it didn’t have an upstairs bit. Last time when we were tired we went up there and sat down and people watched! This year we had to sit outside and it WAS BAKING HOT. I mean the whole weekend was late 20’s early 30’s the sun was burning on your skin! I wore lots of sun cream on Sunday and tried to stay out of the sun on Saturday!


Anyways. We queued for an hour on Saturday the queue apparently ended up wrapping right round Earls Court 1 and 2! It was shaded that side so that was nice although I don’t think it was too hot at 8-9am. We got in just passed 9am and I went and joined another bloody queue to exchange my Michael ticket for a Jason Momoa ticket, then I JOINED ANOTHER QUEUE to have my photo with Amanda! Didn't have to wait too long maybe 10-15mins and I went in all shaky and what not and he voice was divine! Her Canadian Accent was lovely and she asked me how I was and I said I was great thanks how are you? And she said she was great! Got a great photo too really pleased with it!
image
We then had a long wait till 2:30 for my photo with Jason so we went and looked round all the stalls. Saw my friend Jenna who had a stall there! We then went to look for food but matt started to get really stressed I think he was majorly over heating! So we went to the pub and had a drink and then went to a café as the pub was rammed! And had some food. We then bought cookies and sat and ate those and there was a robin that was RIGHT next to us he was very brave and I didn’t know robins came out in the middle of the summer!
Matt left me to queue for Jason, I had to wait a while it sucked because for Michael I had ticket number 69 or something and then for Jason I ended up with 400 and something! Bah! But I saw him, didn’t really say much , his queue was huge, I kind of wished I had gone in the morning as it I think it would have been much less busy. BUT I was super super pleased with my photo and he seemed like a really really nice guy! 

image
We then mooched about and I got an autograph from Eve Myles who plays Gwen Cooper in Torchwood. 
She was such a pretty lady, and she was lovely. I wish I could work up more to say to people, but I asked her if she was having a nice weekend and she said my name was very pretty same as Mr Sorbo last year :D
We left around 3:30ish I think and went to Oxford street. That was horrible though in the heat and my shoulders were on fire from the bra I was wearing and my bag weighing a ton! We went home shortly after though as I think we had both had enough.!

We ate ribs, onion rings and potato skins for dinner and the whole journey home I was debating on whether to go back on Sunday and see the Stargate talk! Anyway after much debating and texting Jenna to see if she could find out if there were tickets left I thought FUCK IT! FUCK IT I WAS GOING TO GO. It was only £20 for the two tickets and yes it was another £18 for the train but I wanted to go and see the talk and I wanted to go up there again. I knew if we sat around at home by 3pm we would be BORED SHITLESS! So Jenna was super kind and rang me at about 8:30 and got me and Matt tickets! So I got up at 9ish and we left around 10am and made our way back up there. We stopped off at Knot again and had another breakfast/brunch pretzel and also had a strawberry and cream one to share with nutella dip! 

I’m so glad we did I had a fantastic time! It was a little better than Saturday because I wasn't as tired. (I had planned on getting a super early night as I had Friday off so I stayed awake but with the heat and eating too much dinner I couldn't get to sleep well and kept waking up in the night, Matt had about 2-4 hours sleep!) And the disappointment from guests cancelling was long gone and the talk was amazing. We got some awesome bits including a £10 bender toy! I got some beautiful art prints and Matt got a t-shirt and book!
Jason and Amanda had great chemistry and it was great to hear some stories of behind the scenes!
Overall I had another great year there, and the atmosphere is lovely. It’s great to be somewhere full of people like you with the same interests and  you don’t have to feel silly or worried about being different or geeky!

They have another one in October now a few days before my birthday. I'm pretty glad I don't have to wait a whole year again! 




 photo blogger_zpsc8710935.png

No comments:

Post a Comment